Title Heading link
UIC and the State of Illinois offer a competitive benefits package to all its staff members, most of which are effective on your first day of work. They include:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life, disability and AD&D insurance
- A defined benefit pension plan
- 403(b) and 457 supplemental retirement savings plans
- Flexible spending accounts
- Domestic partner benefits
- Adoption assistance
- Employee assistance program
- Eleven paid holidays each year and two floating holidays
- About five weeks of vacation and five weeks of sick time per year
- Significant tuition discounts for staff and children at any U of I campus and select other Illinois universities
- Discounts: Employees receive reduced rates on campus events and programs and services and at many off-campus retailers.
- Recreation: State of the art Sports & Fitness Center and the Student Recreation Facility are available to all employees at discounted membership rates.
- Commuting: Situated among many highways and with ample parking, UIC is easily accessible for drivers. Commuters benefit from many CTA bus and el train stops throughout campus. A transit program provides for cost savings on Metra and CTA transportation.
- Child care: Full day child care is available for children of UIC students, faculty and staff.
Benefits and perks are subject to change at anytime and can vary for civil-service appointments. Please visit University of Illinois Benefits for full details.