- Many of our colleges and units have mentoring programs designed to help our students navigate their academic experiences, as well as their career paths.
- Alumni can speak or facilitate at events, in classes, for student student organizations and during career workshops.
- Provide internship opportunities to current students to gain much-needed, real-world knowledge and experiences.
- Connect our career center with your employer. Job fairs help both students and employers with recruiting and hiring.
- Give informational interviews to current students seeking to learn more about your field.
- Conduct mock interviews or offer to review resumes to assist students with their career searches.
- Allow a student to job shadow you for a day.
Via Illinois Connection, help us advocate for state and federal funding, student financial aid and research support. You can play an active role in ensuring a bright, successful future for UIC and its students, faculty and staff.
Other Ways to Engage
- Reach out to encourage your fellow alumni to attend college and campus-level events.
- Recruit future UIC Flames by participating in admissions open houses, interview students, host applicants, provide testimonials, and recommend applicants.
- Represent UIC on social media. Encourage fellow alumni to follow us on Facebook, utilize Linkedin for their career needs, and learn more about student life through Instagram, SnapChat, and Twitter.
- Sponsor or host a program or event. Donating event space and/or personal time to UIC activities is an excellent way to be involved with our community.