Rising Star Leadership Award Nomination Form
2019 Rising Star Award Nominations Heading link
The Rising Star Leadership Award is designed to acknowledge rising and future leaders among UIC’s recent alumni community. Those individuals who are qualified for this award have demonstrated exemplary leadership capabilities and orchestrated meaningful change as influential in their profession or in their communities (local, regional, national, global). The recipient of the Rising Star Leadership Award represents the ideal of a committed, industrious, and ambitious individual to whom the UIC community may look as personifying the University’s mission. Up to two awards can be selected annually, while nominations will be considered active for three years.
- Nominees must be living at the time of their nomination.
- Nominee must hold an earned degree from University of Illinois Chicago.
- Nominee must be an individual who, in deed or action, reflects the importance of his/her education at UIC.
Those not eligible:
- Current members of the UI Board of Trustee, the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign Alumni Association, University of Illinois – Springfield Alumni Association or University of Illinois Chicago Alumni Board, the Awards and Nominations Committee members, relatives, employers, or employees thereof
- Current faculty and staff of the University
- Persons currently holding or running for elected state or federal public office in Illinois
- The award may not be conferred in absentia; however, it may be awarded posthumously