Humanitarian Award Nomination Form
2019 Humanitarian Award Nominations Heading link
This award is presented to those alumni who, through their outstanding involvement and dedication, have made a significant contribution of leadership or service which has improved or enriched the lives of others and the welfare of humanity, and whose accomplishments reflect admirably on, or bring honor to, their alma mater. Up to one honoree will be selected for this award annually. Nominations will remain active for five years from the date of the initial submission.
- Nominees must be living at the time of their nomination
- Nominee must hold an earned degree from University of Illinois Chicago
- Nominee must be an individual who is highly distinguished for his/her humanitarian contributions to society in her/her chosen business, profession, or philanthropic life’s work.
- Nominee must be a person of such stature, demonstrated ability, and renown that alumni, students, faculty, and staff of UIC will take pride in and be inspired by his/her recognition.
- Nominee must be an individual who, in deed or action, reflects the importance of his/her education at UIC.
Those not eligible:
- Previous recipients
- Current members of the UI Board of Trustee, the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign Alumni Association, University of Illinois – Springfield Alumni Association or University of Illinois Chicago Alumni Board, the Awards and Nominations Committee members, relatives, employers, or employees thereof
- Current faculty and staff of the University
- Persons currently holding or running for elected state or federal public office in Illinois
- The award may not be conferred in absentia; however, it may be awarded posthumously.